Top PDF reading apps for iPhone and iPad
Be it a data scientists, finance or accounting professionals, all of them use Excel in everyday work. In-fact freelancers use Excel to manage personal finances and keep track of their budget. The wide usage and purpose of spreadsheet is well known, especially when it comes to data analysis, data visualization, math functions and finance calculations. At the same time, unlike Excel document format (.xlsx or .xls), CSV format is not so popular and people generally avoid CSV files because of how complicated it looks.
Another reason for that is that your data looks less appealing in CSV format and you always want to represent your complicated calculations in a nicely spread excel sheet.
But do you know the difference between Excel and CSV? Here we are highlighting some of them-
Excel vs CSV: When to use which format?
CSV file format keeps only plain text in a series of cells that are separated by commas whereas Excel spreadsheet is a binary file which means it keeps different kinds of information, both content and formatting. Additionally, it can keep charts, visuals and other added images.
The advantage of CSV file is that it can be opened and viewed in any text editor, while spreadsheet can be opened only in certain applications that are specialized to read such formats, such as Microsoft Excel. In other words, you can use CSV files on any operating system and in wide range of applications.
If you need to keep your data and view it everywhere, you should better save your file as CSV. On the other hand, if the formatting is important for your data, don’t use CSV, use a regular excel sheet.
While spreadsheet excel files are better than CSV in terms of data visualization and analysis, CSV format still has its uses, because it is accessible everywhere.
So you can CSV file format in these situations:
- When you need to your file to be accessible on different computers
- When the formatting and layout are not important
- When you need to upload file
Use Excel spreadsheet when:
- You want to present data visually
- You have to create compelling data charts
- You have to use Excel functions
- You have to use complex data manipulations
How to Convert Excel to CSV
You can convert Excel to CSV in three easy steps:
- Go to File menu and click on Save as.
- Choose the location where you will save your file.
- Click the field “Excel workbook” to open the drop down menu and from the list of formats select CSV.
Can you convert Excel and CSV to PDF?
- Yes, PDFdoctor.com allows you to convert Excel to PDF and CSV to PDF in three simple steps-
- Visit PDFdoctor.com and click on Excel to PDF or CSV to PDF
- Upload or sync your file from the cloud storage or your device.
- Wait for a moment while your file is processed. Click ‘Convert’ to start the conversion.
- Congrats! Your file is converted to PDF.