Top PDF reading apps for iPhone and iPad
A computer is the best thing that happened to humanity, followed by Google. Both of these have changed the way humans think, act and react. While Google Drive changed the way we save information, Google documents have changed the way we collaborate and share important files. However, keeping it secure is still a challenge. If it’s online, it is certainly vulnerable but not impossible to protect.
Here are some of the best possible ways of securing your Google Docs.
Converting it to PDF
How to convert Google Doc to PDF
Follow this procedure step-by-step to convert your Google Doc to PDF
- Visit PDFdoctor.com and select Doc to PDF tool from the home page.
- Click ‘Drive’ icon and sync your Google Doc from your cloud storage.
- Wait for a while as your file gets processed.
- Congrats! Your file is ready for download. You can also copy/email the download link or save the file directly on your drive.
Now, you can also add a password to add extra security to your converted PDF by adding a password. Follow this process-
- Click Protect PDF tool from PDFdoctor.com home page.
- Sync your PDF from Google drive or wherever you have saved it.
- You will be prompted to set a password and confirm it again.
- Click ‘Add Password’ and wait for a while.
- Congrats! Your password protected-PDF file is ready for download.
This way you can share your file and the password only with the collaborators and prevent your document from unauthorized access.
Make your file view only
Another way of protecting your Google doc is to make it view only. If you have shared your file with collaborators outside your organization but you don’t want them to make changes, you can change the settings of your folder and restrict the rights to ‘view only’.
You can also choose if they can add a comment to your document. You can also set an expiry date to their viewing/editing rights beyond which they won’t be able to access it.
Do not allow collaborators to make a copy
This is another setting that you can make to prevent other collaborators from making unauthorized copies of your document. Also note, some of the settings are available only in G-suite accounts.